Our complementary Titan Krios microscopes give unique possibilities to perform a very broad range of experiments, ranging from CS corrected atomic resolution single particle acquisition via phase plate tilt series acquisition to STEM and diffraction applications. NeCEN's experienced microscope operators in combination with the advanced and highly automated hardware allow the user to get most out of their sample and microscope time.
A data collection day
- The NeCEN staff will load batches of grids (maximum of 8 grids per session).
- The loading and setting of the relevant data collection and imaging parameters will take (in most cases) 4 to 6 hours.
- For each batch of specimen to be imaged 24 hours are available, minus the time required to load the specimen and to set the relevant data collection and imaging parameters.
- Automated software will collect data during the rest of the day and overnight.
- For each project a dedicated operator is appointed who will communicate closely with the customer.
- The operator will be present during office hours. The customer can choose to be present at NeCEN during data collection or to send his in-house vitrified samples to NeCEN.
- At the end of the data collection project the customer will receive a physical hard-disk with the data acquired.